Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Shooting portraits Strobist's style

When talking about photography, the price of the equipments are quite turn-off, especially with all the price hike and stuffs. Anyway, since I was hooked up with photography, I have been reading strobist to get tips for some off camera lighting, in simple english means using flash off the camera. However, I managed to think of something that is really brilliant (in my opinion lah), which is using cameraphone's flash to light up the subject, which is me.


It was shot at pitch black room, the only light source was the cameraphone's flashlight

The I-am-at-the-concert lighting

Lighting from the camera right, the slight yellow light was from the light pole outside the window

The I-am-a-bad-guy lighting

After trying all sort of angle and lighting style, I decided to dig up the freezer to look for some interesting subject.

Light was from behind the subject with a mirror reflecting the light from camera upper right

White chocolate

Light was from behind the subject with a mirror reflecting the light from camera left, I absolutely love this shot

1 comments:

Vincent said...

hey dude 4got to mention...EMERGE is coming up and we got photography competition...multimedia video clips n etc..so was wondering u wanna join photography??? =) go to http://localuni.blogspot.com for more info~

All Images and Contents © 2007 - 2012 The L-oh-rama